Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, the 4th Line. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey and spend some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
The 4th Line Podcast #112 – Waivers, Injuries, Streaks, Angry Sabres
The guys are back from their Christmas vacation with Joel getting to start 2017 celebrating the Toronto Maple Leafs victory over the Detroit Red Wings in the Centennial Classic. They also touch on the news ending 2016, including:
– Jaroslav Halak being put on waivers by the New York Islanders
– Matthew Murray‘s injury and the impact on the Pittsburgh Penguins
– Jack Eichel calling out his Buffalo Sabres teammates
– The Columbus Blue Jackets and Minnesota Wild having the best winning streak game ever
– Chris Pronger somehow still playing in an alumni game while being on an NHL roster
– How sad the Colorado Avalanche make Carl
They also recap the World Junior Championships heading into the playoff rounds, re-evaluate the Shea Weber/P.K. Subban trade, bring Gary Bettman’s greatest hits of 2016, crown the winner of Game Winning Goal, Hi Sticking and pick the Pavel Bures of the Week.
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.