Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, the 4th Line. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey and spend some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
The guys are back as they celebrate being an award winning podcast and talk about the goings on of the week.
Hitchcock Gone, Playoff Elimination
– Ken Hitchcock has been let go by the St. Louis Blues. Will this be enough to turn their season around?
– Dreams are had about Erik Karlsson and Rob Blake. Will they come true?
– The Colorado Avalanche won a game. What does that mean for how sad they make Carl? When will the Avs start making trades?
– The New York Islanders have started to turn things around. Is it for real? We also share our thoughts on John Tavares’ comments.
– How did Gary Bettman deflate our hopes and dreams this week?
– Who is already out of playoff race? Who are sellers at the trade deadline?
We also crown a January Hi Sticking winner and pick the Pavel Bures for the week.
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.