Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, the 4th Line. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey and spend some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
Love is in the air
The guys are back and ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day, which leads them to wonder which of the two are most romantic? The also talk about the news of the week including:
– Gustav Nyquist of the Detroit Red Wings impending suspension for his facial spear of the Minnesota Wild’s Jared Spurgeon
– Claude Julien‘s firing by the Boston Bruins
– Joe Sakic‘s trip to Boston for trade talks, leading to discussion of possible trade locations of Colorado Avalanche players Matt Duchene and Gabe Landeskog
– The Atlantic Division is tightening up. Who will come out on top? Who should make trade deadline moves?
– Columbus Bluejackets having issues with John Tortorella
– Gary Bettman being in favor of keeping the New York Islanders in Brooklyn
They also discuss possible changes to Game Winning Goal Hi Sticking and pick the Pavel Bure Must Watch Games of the Week.
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.