Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, The 4th Line. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey and spend some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
The 4th Line Podcast #119 – NHL Salary Cap, Suspensions, Sad Johansen
The guys are back as they break down the news of the week including:
– A busy and roller coaster week for the Toronto Maple Leafs, including two lopsided losses
– Michel Therrien being fired by the Montreal Canadiens and replaced by Claude Julien, formerly of the Boston Bruins.
– Gustav Nyquist of the Detroit Red Wings six-game suspension for his facial spear and Antoine Vermette of the Anahiem Ducks suspension for abuse of an official.
– Ryan Johansen of the Nashville Predators being sad that no one acknowledged his return to the Columbus Blue Jackets.
– How to fix the NHL salary cap to make trades more likely, including introducing a soft cap, trade exemptions, and removing the loser point.
– We learn what Gary Bettman did to make the NHL worse this week.
The guys also announce a new scoring system for Game Winning Goal Hi Sticking (the much loved three point system) and pick the Pavel Bure Must Watch Games of the Week!
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.