Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, The 4th Line. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey and spend some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
The 4th Line Podcast #123 – Brad Marchand Scoring, East Playoff Race
The guys are back as they try to rally through Joel’s Leafs playing the biggest game of the season thus far during the show to talk about the news of the week, including:
– Matthew Tkachuk‘s suspension for his elbow on Drew Doughty. Has Tkachuk reached the level of players like Andrew Shaw?
– Brad Marchand (also in the Andrew Shaw range) is tied for the league lead in points. Where does he rank and how do we all come to terms with this?
– What even is an offside anymore?
– What do the playoff races look like? Are the teams already set in the West? Who can make it in the East?
– How do the New York Rangers look heading into the playoffs? Is the return of Henrik Lundqvist enough to spur them on?
The guys also pick the Pavel Bure Must Watch Games of the Week, for Game Winning Goal Hi Sticking. Play along on Twitter!
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.
BOSTON, MA – JANUARY 05: Brad Marchand #63 of the Boston Bruins waits for a face off during a game at during a game with Edmonton Oilers at TD Garden on January 5, 2017 in Boston, Massachusetts.(Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)