Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, The 4th Line Podcast. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey and spend some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
Nashville Predators Injuries, Matt Murray in Goal
The guys are back as they break down the Conference finals, including:
– The Predators anthem singer is upset. But can anyone remember his name?
– The Pittsburgh Penguins finally made the switch in net. Has Marc-Andre Fleury played his last game for the Penguins?
– How big of a difference maker is Erik Karlsson for the Ottawa Senators? Is he good enough to take them to the Cup final?
– The schedule for the Stanley Cup final is released. Will it make for better hockey?
– The officiating has been inconsistent at best this playoff. Is there a way to fix it?
– On the heels of the Cavaliers blowing out the Celtics in the NBA playoffs, what is the equivalent type game in hockey? Why is there such a difference between the NHL and the NBA when it comes to parity.
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.
SAN JOSE, CA – JUNE 12: Matt Murray #30 of the Pittsburgh Penguins makes a save against the San Jose Sharks in Game Six of the 2016 NHL Stanley Cup Final at SAP Center on June 12, 2016 in San Jose, California. (Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)