Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, the 4th Line. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey and spend some time in segments like Kangaroo Court, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
The guys are back as the focus of the show is the NHL Atlantic Division preview.
They talk about Team Europe facing off against Team Canada in the World Cup of Hockey. Is Canada going to perform as well as Carl and Joel think they will? Jacob Trouba requested a trade out of Winnipeg. Will he get it and if so, where will he go?
This week’s show includes their preview of the Atlantic division, including:
- How much better will the Leafs be with their new young talent, like Auston Matthews?
- How many of the Buffalo Sabres young players, like Sam Reinhart, will continue to improve?
- Does the return of Carey Price mean a return to the playoffs for the Montreal Canadiens?
- Outside of Erik Karlsson, is there anyone for Ottawa Senators fans to have hope?
- Will the Boston Bruins veteran roster, with the addition of David Backes, be good enough?
- With the new era of the Detroit Red Wings quickly approaching, can they rebuild on the fly?
- How much longer will Tampa Bay Lightning continue to be good as the attempt to keep all of their young players?
- With Roberto Luongo on the mend, can the Florida Panthers return to the top of the Atlantic division?
Lastly, they select their squads for the fantasy hockey league, school yard style.
Be sure to check back here next week for another edition of The 4th Line Podcast.
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB, his facial hair of choice is a mustache, his team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC, his facial hair of choice is a beard, his team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.