Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, The 4th Line Hockey Podcast. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey as well as spending some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
The guys are back and hockey is almost back as well. One of the signs that hockey is back is the annual 4th Line Podcast Divisional Previews! This week it gets kick started by looking at the Pacific Division, including:
– The Vegas Golden Knights actually get to play hockey soon. Will their defense be enough to carry them?
– The Los Angeles Kings are a team that used to be really good. How do they get back there again?
– Mike Smith takes over as the number one goalie in Calgary. How much of a change is that from last season? Will their defense be enough to carry them?
– The San Jose Sharks lost Patrick Marleau, but how big of a loss is that anyways?
– As they returned to the playoffs, will the Oilers now capture the division title?
– The Ducks lost of defensemen, but gained a backup goalie. Can they hold off the Edmonton Connor McDavid‘s?
Carl and Joel also announce the very exciting fact that they have joined the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB. They also hand out a copy of Rob Vollman’s Hockey Abstract 2017 to a lucky participant, try to survive the heat and finish their fantasy football draft.
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.