Last Word on Hockey is pleased to present our new hockey podcast, The 4th Line Hockey Podcast. Coming from Calgary, AB and Nanaimo, BC, Carl and Joel provide their own unique and fun view of hockey. Every week the guys share their thoughts on the news of the week, have a variety of guests from the world of hockey as well as spending some time in segments like Joel’s Counselling Couch, The Rant Shack, and The Hot Seat.
The 4th Line Hockey Podcast #150 – The Atlantic Division Preview
The guys are back with their final division preview, which means it is almost time for hockey! They start with some news:
- NBC will be showing the Olympics instead of NHL hockey, since the NHL isn’t going to the Olympics. Is this a ploy by NBC to get back at Uncle Gary or just NBC doing what makes money?
- Jaromir Jagr officially won’t be starting the NHL season. Where does he end up and will he play in the NHL again?
- The Vegas Golden Knights will have season ticket holders’ names on the ice. A nice touch or tacky?
And now, for the LAST DIVISION PREVIEW!
- The Detroit Red Wings are opening The Pizza Oven in Detroit, but will they be able to cook up any wins?
- Joel introduces a new game called “You Don’t Know Jack!” Do the Buffalo Sabres know Mr. Jack Eichel? Do they know who to surround him with to make a winning team? Does Eichel need anyone to surround him?
- The Boston Bruins had some great individual performances last season. Can Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak repeat?
- Jonathan Marchessault is gone. Jason Demers is gone. Reilly Smith is gone. But, can the Florida Panthers still improve on last year?
- The Ottawa Senators get the brunt of Joel’s hate. Why does he hate them so much and what can they do outside of Erik Karlsson?
- Steven Stamkos is back, and the Tampa Bay Lightning hope that that means they are back in the playoffs. Can they survive without Ben Bishop and Jonathan Drouin?
- The Toronto Maple Leafs are going to return to the playoffs. Auston Matthews. Auston Matthews. Auston Matthews. Auston Matthews. Auston Matthews.
- As much as any team in the league, the Canadiens are dependent on one player: Carey Price. The additions of Karl Alzner and the aforementioned Drouin ought to make things easier for Mr. Price.
Lastly, the 4th Line Fantasy Hockey team gets filled!
Intro music by Erik Hall of Shoot the Shred podcast
Part of the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB Financial
Who are Carl and Joel? Carl comes from Calgary, AB. His facial hair of choice is a mustache. His team of choice is the Colorado Avalanche and his smoked meat of choice is brisket. Joel comes from Nanaimo, BC. His facial hair of choice is a beard. His team of choice is the Toronto Maple Leafs and his smoked meat of choice is ribs.